Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Registrierungsdatum: 14. Dezember 2004

Beruf: Elektronik Ingenieur

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 18. September 2006, 13:45

Hello Ralf,

Thank you for replying. I have not been able to see this page for nearly a week! Tried to 'Refresh' many times. I have tried using 2 different internet service providers, but they both come up with the same martial arts page. Is it possible that the same internet address can give different pages in England and Germany? If so, I think I will have to move to Germany, because you get a better result:-)

Regards

Peter.

• »Michael Franz« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 28. März 2004

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 18. Juni 2007, 10:10

I deleted two Spam-Posts I found just above the posting of "Muhssin". It's because such Spam, new Members are not allowed to write immediately after registration. They first have to answer an e-mail and to explain their reasons for joining this forum. Spam robots don't answer. We get about 20 to 30 new members a week, only about 10% are real.

The "Board for foreign unsers" is the onlyone which is completely open, so that guests may write. It's because to make things easier for foreign user not knowing how to act in a german speaking forum.

Sometimes spammers find their way to this only board, where they can write. Sorry for this.

=> Nolan: As a guest you are, you can read everything.Writing ist possible only in this board. Of course everyone is allowed to write in English in german threads. So I will help you to join.

Please send me your e-mail-adress. Send it to the adress you find under "Impressum" in the linklist above, under the title-linie.

I'll get you an account, if you do so.
Michael(F)

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007, 21:49

Hallo David77 and all,

Following on from post nummer 8 in this thread, I have seen some pictures of British Leevers-rich and EMI professional tape maschines on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170126870601&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.de%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3FMfcISAPICommand%3DGetResult%26ht%3D1%26shortcut%3D0%26from%3DR41%26query%3D170126870601%26category0%3D%26Submit%3DFinden%26fvi%3D1 for the Leevers-rich and http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170127065279&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.de%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D170127065279%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1 for the EMI. ( I hope that the links are working?) Sadly, if anyone should want to buy these, the seller says that they have to be collected from Painton in the county of Devon, England.

Regards

Peter.

Mittwoch, 26. September 2007, 23:12

Hello everybody!

I´d like to know if somebody of you living in the United Kingdom or in the Netherlands could help me finding an answer for my question which I posted here:

http://forum.magnetofon.de/index.php?topic=3088.0

Thank you!
Manuel

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 27. September 2007, 18:08

Hello Manuel,

I hope I can help you a little on this question?

In the late 1970's I was an apprentice working at the large EMI building at Hayes in Middlesex, England.
EMI had their "Emitape" factory on the Dawley Road, which was opposite the building that I worked in. I was told that EMI were putting their tape onto Philips reels, but I thought that these reels were only for the UK market??
It is interesting that you liked the quality of these EMI tapes, because I bought some as 'Staff Sales' and found that they caused the tapeheads to become dirty! The Cassette tapes were very bad for this :-(
Maybe you might be able to find out more on your question if you email at the address on this website. http://www.emiarchivetrust.org/visitingus.aspx

Regards

Peter.

Donnerstag, 27. September 2007, 18:51

Hello Peter,

thank you very much for your answer. Well, I don´t know which Philips reels were designed for the U.K.-market and which were for the rest of the world. The only thing I know is that it has been quite difficult for us here in the free state of Bavaria to get any Philips tapes. Only when you have bought a brand new tape recorder, there was a Philips tape included and an empty spool.

At our local shops, the only brands you could get were AGFA and BASF, of course. Everything else... well, in the 1980s you could find Maxell and TDK in almost every supermarket. But things were different in the 1970s, anyway that´s what I´ve been told. It was long before I was born.

So... you say that EMI tape was put onto Philips reels, which is really very interesting. Other experts say that from 1968 to the year 1981 the "RMG" in Oosterhout/Netherlands were producing the tapes for Philips. Even a connection to 3M/Scotch is possible for both - Philips and EMI.

Well, as you could read at the neighbour-Forum I have a feeling that the answers are to find somewhere in England or in the Netherlands, perhaps even in the U.S.A.

Talking about the quality of EMI and Philips - there is nothing I can say against it. Superb quality, it´s my first choice for great recordings beside Maxell and AGFA. Also many of the 3M/Scotch-tapes are absolutely gorgeous, I don´t know why people don´t like it.

Thank you also for the link, I will try to contact EMI and let´s see what they´ll have to say.

Best regards,
Manuel

Sonntag, 30. September 2007, 22:53

Hello everyone,

It is very interesting to read your discussions about the machinery not made in eastern block. That's because I am living in Estonia and I've been collecting formeer USSR sound equipment for all my life. Now having about 40 reel to reel decks, only three of them are western - Uher Report Stereo 4000 IC, Tandberg model 15 and Sony TC-366 which unfortunately has some kinda mechanical problem that I'm not able to fix (I even cannot find the place where the problem is :-(). But the Uher and Tandberg work perfectly. And compared with Soviet things, they're like night and day - western decks are made so correctly and expertly. On the contrary for most Russian stuff you never know when something decides to break up on it.
Anyway, if you've got some Russian machine(s) and you've got problems or questions about them, don't hesitate to ask me. Hopefully I can help ;-)

Regards,
Riho

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 1. Oktober 2007, 00:39

Hello Riho,

It is great to hear about your R2R collection. You said in another thread that you are 19 years old. Most people of your age would have their music collection in a digital form. It is good that you have grown an interest in these older, but far more interesting ways to store your music - Keep it up.

Just a little guess with your Sony TC-366 - Does the function control knob keep returning to the stop position, when you take your hand off? (Nearly every one I have seen does that.) If yours does, it is the mechanism that stops the machine when the tape ends that is at fault. This is probably caused by the grease on the latch that has turned hard. Dismantleing and spraying \ cleaning out with something like WD40 (If you have that in Estonia?) will usually cure that problem. The Sonys give very good audio results when they are working, so it is probably worth the time to fix them.

Regards,
Peter
England.

Montag, 1. Oktober 2007, 08:32

Hi Peter,

You were totally right! Yes that's the bug. I thought there is a problem with certain mechanical part (some lever crooked etc) but... This thing is quite different from Soviet machines (those are almost always the same inside and most of the parts are universal for most brands and models). Now I can check this thing over with different look. Thank you very much for the tip :).
Haven't concretely heard about the WD40 but we can buy here different sprays and other cleaning/restoring stuff. And just toady I'm going to do it.

Reel2reels have been my passion for whole lifetime. Using vinyls and R2R-s for listening music is much more interesting than mp3 or other digital system I think. Next thing I plan to get is old VHS videocam which uses the full size cassettes ;)

Yours truly,
Riho

~Reel_To_reel_Man

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 21:20

Hello!
I have signed up to this great looking site but I can’t seem to post when logged in, any ideas?

I have seen some interesting photos of unusual machines here, I have been looking for somewhere who have other machines to the standard domestic recorders, hoping I can offer help to people and interesting pictures of tape recorders, some of which can be seen at

www.vintagerecorders.co.uk

• »Michael Franz« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 28. März 2004

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 22. November 2007, 22:20

Now you're allowed to post. Due to spam, we disabled the automatic acces after registration. Welcome here.
Michael(F)